Nov 10, 2008

Time for a new Ship!

People are jumping ship from the Democratic Party left and right. The key here is doing what is “right”. I am one of those who have jumped ship and the reasons on the list are long. Don’t get me wrong, I still have many friends within the Democratic Party, but the fact is I can no longer support a party with values so opposite of my own. I grew up a Democrat from a strong Democratic family. As far as I can remember, Democratic candidates illuminated my home front life. Names like Clinton, Mondale, Carter, and Dukakis filled our family discussions. In the end though, I found myself agreeing with such leaders as Teddy Roosevelt, George H. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, and Abraham Lincoln. I found the views of the Republican Party on Faith, faith based programs, strong anti-abortion stands, and family first drawing nearer to my heart. In the end, it’s hard to put a finger on the single reason that I’m a Republican now. I continue to read the literature, review the voting records, and review the stands of Republican leaders and I find very few areas where I disagree. I am a husband, a father, a friend, a Christian, a pastor, an employee, a business owner, and yes, a Republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment